Sunday, February 13, 2011

9 Days from today thousands of African Americans will go to the polls to Vote!

As I sat down to pen this blog I asked myself the following; Ok what has the current 18 African Americans Aldermen done in the following five areas to improve the life of African American’s as a hold in Chicago not on their block or in their little click or their family, but the whole community?
  • Employment  - Over 50% between the ages of 18 to 30
  • Education  - 67 % of the CPS Students dropping out
  • Economic development – Over 1000 vacant lots in the 18 wards, While businesses close.
  • Crime prevention – Crime in the 18 wards are out of control 
  • City Budget – how did your alderman vote on the parking meter lease?  Did if help reduce the City budget deficit?   
 Now before someone say I am putting out false information for the record ONLY Alds. Toni Preckwinkle (4th), Leslie Hairston (5th) voted against parking meter deal,  Over the past fours since the current 18 alderman’s have held office what as a group of 18 done to address the five areas listed above for the whole African American community.

I am asking you to look at your alderman as an individual. I want you to look at them in respect of the condition of African America’s in the City of Chicago. Now if you can fairly look at your current alderman based on the five areas above and then as a group of 18 aldermen a unit up against the five areas then cast your vote.  The whole lot should be thrown out of office and we start over. I can assure there are people that are currently serving as alderman many of whom I like as a human being but it’s not about my feeling right now it’s about will mine and your  grandchildren have a better life in Chicago than we have experienced over the 50 plus years of living in Chicago.

Several people friends and others have ask me why do I sound so mad well I am not mad, “What am is sick and tired of being sick and tired” I spend a lots of time in school, as well as working with many community groups and I see the damage that the current leadership in this town is doing in the name of helping us while really only looking out for themselves and they few friends.

Please people Harold Melvin said it best on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 we can “Wake Up Everybody” Chicago has not seen really equality of services or resources’ since Harold Washington served. Are we not entitle to our fair share of city contract, police protection, clear streets from Streets and Sanitation, CPS, mental health services. As I draw to a close I ask you to think about the following and ask yourself before you cast that vote on Tuesday February 22nd.

Before you cast your vote look at your ward and then ask yourself why don’t your ward look like the following wards; 1.2. 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 50, etc. I could list all of the other people wards but that’s not what I want you to focus on. I want our wards to have the same promising conditions in our wards.     

No comments:

Post a Comment